August 31, 2013 at 7:21 am #538
Here it is with Battle Bangs and Caste symbols. yippee.September 1, 2013 at 9:50 pm #541
Here is a slightly edited up version. The top panel is smaller, and i added a thicker black outline to the caste icons. Also moved up the battle bangs and rounded the corners of the border. This is the version that i’m going to google share with you tim!September 2, 2013 at 12:32 pm #543
Got your email/text. Here’s my thoughts…
1. I hear ya on the black/white outline. Where you imagining the caste icons B/W? That is why i put the heavier black outline around them.
2. Battle bangs. I put them in the left hand side like that because they are most visible that way when you have the cards fanned out. It also means that each side only has on icon (caste/etc on top, cost on bottom, and battle bang left side.) It felt like having in top right felt like it was a magic cost. Either way, i can’t wait to play a game with battle bangs. Smoothing that out will really make battle feel complete.
3. The battle board. I’ve worked a litte on artwork for it. I still am not even sure how big it is, material or if it stands up with a little hinge.September 3, 2013 at 3:14 pm #544
Ok so i moved the bangs up. It would be easy to make the icons black-n-white or silloetted. What were you thinking? Change up the Ant, Bang, or CasteTool icons? I’m SOOOOO excited to see what you choppedup for ant n mooon card art.
this week is nuts for me. I could maybe do saturday hang time during-before-after the beer brewing at steve’s. Can’t wait for the next jam!!!! We can go over you art list and make some progress and get towards printing the practice version. I have been talking this up to me gaming co-workers and they are all very excited. I already have a couple people that want to KS. SPIDERS! ANTS! WEEVILS! RAAGHGHGHGHGH!September 3, 2013 at 11:18 pm #546
You can copy and paste artwork!?!?!?!?!
Ok so here are some different versions of the icons to give feedback on.
1. Plain ole sword.
2. Sword with heavier outline. This outline is at 120%… we could go thicker if you like.
3. This is a black and white sword. I suspect this what you want. We could use color white or MULTIPLY-layer-effect it so that the white would be transparent and show the box color below. Eh? This is my favorite option.
4. The ant. I saw that there is a space between the hind leg and abdomen i need to fix. Also we could make this all black if you didn’t want the color. But i think this guy is pretty good for ANT COST ICON.
5. The new larvae. It has a milk mustache.
6. This is a 105% outline. It could be heavier but i much prefer it with the outline.
7. This is my favorite battle bang. Done.
8. The original. Def clown colors. Maybe way too much. Makes me loathe color.
8. Eh? This one is most impactful.
9. Scepter. The original. I’ll work it up the same as the sword once i know what you like.
10. Same as above.
Total different tangent: I kind of don’t want to make the ants the color of their castes. It means we have purple and green ants which is weird. I would rather denote those colors as a secondary color in the text box (and the new Caste icons) rather than the ant its self. Purple and yellow ants look weird. Viva la Natural!September 17, 2013 at 6:56 pm #663
These icons are great! I can’t decide between b/w and color. I think we will need to see how the cards look and where we end up putting the icons. I kinda am leaning towards caste icons in b/w and everything else in color.
Yay Larvae icon. This looks good but the pink is a little strong for me, especially on meadow hexes. What do you think about white or creamy larvae?
All in all looking fantastic.
Should we rename bangs to something more antlike (fangs). Formic Acid sprays. Just trying to stay on theme but bang is hard to argue with.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.