March 9, 2014 at 4:49 am #1833
Here is a draft of this. i’m going to add some little pebbles between the squares to break up the space. Any feedback before i take it any further?March 9, 2014 at 9:31 pm #1835
I like it and players last night really were happy to have a score track to monitor everyone’s progress. Here is a little feedback:
1. Numbers centered in the boxes. Some of the numbers are off to the side or in a corner and this makes it hard for me to focus on. I would also be curious to see all the numbers the same size and every fifth number Gold with a black border or bolded or something.
2. I like the progression of colors but some of the greens seem to spill over a lot. I think I would prefer just the green and color change within the hexes.
3. The spaces that stick out on each end I feel are a little wonky. I think they could just go 10-11 and back into the next row. This could also shave off an end section (one half where the numbers aren’t used.)
4. I feel that Start is a more concise and effective label than beginning. Or I think the beginning could be called something like Great Thaw or something else evocative.March 10, 2014 at 5:46 am #1836
1. yeah. its easy to center the numbers. i like your gold idea.
2. you mean just green in the boxes, not hexes, right? I agree. I’ll turn off green in the background.
3. yeah i hear what you are saying. its a little weird to fit 10 in each row because the start takes up spaces. i’m more than happy to get rid of the half steps where it goes row to row.
4. “start” seemed wonky so i put beginning. there is probably the right flavor word out there somewhere.
i worked this up a little more but kind of don’t like it. I think eventually i want to re-do this and have more of a tunnel motif rather than just boxes. I’ld like to use it for a bit but there will be a v3 coming soon that i think we will all be more happy with.March 11, 2014 at 4:13 am #1837
My feedback is:
I like the colors and textures.
I like the larger size that will fit more player markers/cubes per space.
I like the quote but think “and termites” should be excised. I don’t think Mr. Wilson will mind, and it will be fully on-flavor and less confusing.
Why did you decide to get rid of the other artwork? I’m curious.
I think a tunnel-based motif would work well. That being said, tunnels are all over this piece. I could also see some other natural materials: maybe a trail of rocks and pebbles?March 11, 2014 at 6:22 am #1840
Yeah Fuck them termitesMarch 12, 2014 at 5:41 am #1853
here is what this looks like right now. I haven’t incorporated the tim changes yet.
I’m planning to make the start box smaller, so it should only be 4 rows rather than 5. Do you think it should zig-zag back and forth between rows are have the numbers always go left-to-right?March 13, 2014 at 7:42 pm #1857
I like the zig zags and continuous path, I think it is more intuitive and nicer all around. looking good, looking tough.
I am with Stephen and interested in seeing what the squares would look like with a stony texture – as if the ants are stepping on stones. But it looks good and workable to me.March 14, 2014 at 4:21 am #1858
cool cool. i’m starting to feel better (and able to focus on the screen) so i’m gonna knock out some serious jams on this.
my goal is to get anything we discuss friday done on saturday so you can use it on Sunday. I would observe the sunday session with you but have to work both stores for inventory on sunday.March 17, 2014 at 2:04 am #1901
So here is this. I think it’s much clearer with even multiples of 10 on the side. I didn’t do much yet with golding the multiples of 5 or other tweeks. I def like this better than the last version.March 17, 2014 at 2:12 am #1903
i just saw 20 is there 2 times!! will fix in final i postMarch 17, 2014 at 11:03 pm #1904
I’m digging the evolution of the look of this. Although, I’m curious:
Why hasn’t the round marker migrated to the scoring track?
I think it’s odd that in-game components (ants) are mixed together with meta-components (the round marker and seasonal names) in the Great Tunnel. I think it’s kind of confusing mechanically and aesthetically.
What are your thoughts on this Ryan?
For example, if the score squares were made into a legit rectangle you could orient the seasons vertically on the left-hand side of the scoring track, beneath start, in
order.March 18, 2014 at 5:58 am #1908
I like the meta argument. That is strong. Seems to make good sense to me. I feel like it could fit on the score track without losing too much space. Let’s look and chat about it this weekend.
TimMarch 18, 2014 at 6:58 pm #1910
It hasn’t’ moved onto the score track for a couple of reasons… a). Score track only recently became an accepted game components and b). I think it makes more sense in the meadow (since that is where the season’s actually take affect- in the meadow!) and c). there is lots of room on the center meadow hex.
If I were going to put anything on the score track I think it should be reminder text that says how you get VP (goals, battle, collection, various bonuses etc).
Lets talk about it A LOT this weekend but I def dont’ think it is going to be changed by this weekend. As tim knows, I got round markers I need to make!!! I swear you will get them tonight (and love them!).March 19, 2014 at 1:04 am #1911
There honestly isn’t much to talk about, I’m simply sharing my perspective. It is pretty clear that some changes happen overnight (literally) while others are discussed for weeks… So, like everything, I’d be interested in gathering feedback from the game-buying public.March 19, 2014 at 8:06 pm #1912
Cool beans. It sounds like between the schedule MotA events and the game lab we will get a freaky amount of play.
Bill brought over Lords of Waterdeep which seems like D&D flavored Keyflower. I’m excited to play that and maybe a middle of the night game of eclipse. Can NOT wait to game with my favorite homnifriends.
Steveo, other than the bag of coffee is there anything you want me to get from the store? I’m probably going to bring some energy drink mixers and a pack of fig newmans. yippee yipppe can’t wait for gamestorm. Speaking of which did anyone get a confirmation that we got into Fiasco?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.