March of the Ants
As spring dawns the great thaw begins. Deep beneath the lush meadow grasses the queen stirs in her nest and the colony comes to life. Soldiers venture forth, battling centipedes while clashing with opposing colonies for territory. Workers dig an ever-expanding network of tunnels in their tireless search for food. The first larvae hatch and it is clear this generation will be different: the young colonies rapidly evolve into a multitude of new forms. The ants march out to claim the meadow as their own.
Minions of the Meadow
In this expansion colonies gain powerful new tools to aid in their expansion and conquest. Major Workers enhance your abilities to explore and battle while Aphid Farms grant majestic rewards. Parasitic Evolutions thwart your opponents’ best laid plans while Tactics create a deeper level of plotting and scheming during combat. Beware fearsome new Predators as they are drawn to the most successful colonies in the meadow.
- Major Workers – Each Colony can breed Major Workers, larger ants who evolve with your colony. Use their powers to scout the best territory or lead your armies to war.
- Aphids – Send your ants to find aphids and form a symbiotic relationship. Herd them to new hexes where they will have more space to grow and provide greater harvests.
- Tactics – Play Tactics like Feint, Ferocious Expansion and Savage Cannibals to catch your opponent by surprise and turn the tide of battle.
- Parasitic Evolutions – Infect your opponent’s ants and override their most powerful evolutions.
- Predators – Summon the Centipede Broodmother and the Trapdoor Spider, terrible beasts who stalk the meadow.
- Into The Lair – Venture forth to hunt for the Centipede Broodmother in the new solo and co-op game.
Empires of the Earth
Build Your Nest
Expand your underground empire with Chambers, a brand new card type that will let you use your nest inhabitants to unlock powerful recurring abilities.
More of Everything!
Empires of the Earth includes 60 new Ant Cards including: Evolutions, Events, Colony Goals and Chambers that will let you diversify your strategy and grow your colony in exciting new ways. Maintain a delicate peace with the Peacekeeper head, or spread spores with Cult of the Gray Queen. Empires of the Earth is playable as a standalone card set with the base game components or can be mixed with the cards from the March of the Ants base game or Minions of the Meadow.
A Rich and Diverse Colony
To celebrate the world of March of the Ants, we reached out to our favorite artists from around the globe. This new mini-expansion to March of the Ants includes 40 cards featuring art from Vincent Dutrait, Mr. Cuddington, the Mico, and more.